Click to learn more about our Book Club in a Bag kits.
Anoka County Library and Columbia Heights Public Library Book Clubs
Crooked Lake Library Book Club, 6 p.m., the third Monday of the month.
Check the online event calendar for current month's selection.
Columbia Heights Library Book Club, 10 a.m., the last Wednesday of the month.
Check the online events calendar for the current month's selection.
Looking to start a Book Club?
Information on starting and running a book discussion group, including tips on how to manage the book discussion.
A checklist for starting a book club from Real Simple magazine.
Everything you ever wanted to know about how to start and run a book club
Choosing Good Books
Fall 2012 edition of recommended titles from independent bookstores
Monthly publication offering interviews with favorite authors, book reviews in all categories, and book news
The list of books from Oprah's original book club.
Oprah's "new" book club
Discussion guides for winners of the Minnesota Book Award, current and past years
Online community for reading groups that includes reading guides and advice.
Excerpts, reviews and more from the best current books.
ReadingGroupGuides.com offers questions to use with fiction books that have no reading guide.
Local Book Clubs
In Coon Rapids:
- Masterpiece Book Club, meets 2nd Tuesday of the month at 1:00 pm at Coon Rapids Senior Center. For more information, call 763-754-0117.
- Northdale Book Club, meets 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 pm at Northdale Middle School. For more information, call 763-755-3821.
- Coon Rapids Mother/Daughter Book Club, meets 1st Friday of the month. For more information call 763–443–0958.
- Fridley Seniors Book Club, meets 4th Tuesday of the month at 10:00 at the Fridley Community Center.
- St Philip’s Lutheran Church in Fridley book groups.
- Men’s Breakfast Book Group, meets every other Thursday at 6:30 am at the Fridley Perkins.
- Women’s Daytime Book Group, meets 2nd Wednesday of the month at 10:00 am at St Philip’s Lutheran Church in Fridley.
In Spring Lake Park:
- Senior Book Club, meets 1st Thursday of the month at 11:00 am at the Spring Lake Park City Hall.