Click to learn more about our Book Club in a Bag kits.
The Sunday Book Club
The Northtown Library cordially invites all interested readers to join the Sunday Book Club. For more information, call 763-712-3267.
March 9: The Lottery by Patricia Wood
At Rum River Library:
April 13: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
May 11: Animal, Vegetable, Mineral by Barbara Kingsolver
A limited number of books are available for checkout. Please check with staff if you are interested in checking out a copy.
Looking to start a Book Club?
Information on starting and running a book discussion group, including tips on how to manage the book discussion.
A checklist for starting a book club from Real Simple magazine.
Everything you ever wanted to know about how to start and run a book club
Choosing Good Books
Fall 2012 edition of recommended titles from independent bookstores
Monthly publication offering interviews with favorite authors, book reviews in all categories, and book news
The list of books from Oprah's original book club.
Oprah's "new" book club
Online community for reading groups that includes reading guides and advice.
Excerpts, reviews and more from the best current books.
ReadingGroupGuides.com offers questions to use with fiction books that have no reading guide.
Local Book Clubs
In Coon Rapids:
- Masterpiece Book Club, meets 2nd Tuesday of the month at 1:00 pm at Coon Rapids Senior Center. For more information, call 763-754-0117.
- Northdale Book Club, meets 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 pm at Northdale Middle School. For more information, call 763-755-3821.
- Coon Rapids Mother/Daughter Book Club, meets 1st Friday of the month. For more information call 763–443–0958.
- Fridley Seniors Book Club, meets 4th Tuesday of the month at 10:00 at the Fridley Community Center.
- St Philip’s Lutheran Church in Fridley book groups.
- Men’s Breakfast Book Group, meets every other Thursday at 6:30 am at the Fridley Perkins.
- Women’s Evening Book Group, meets 4th Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm, meets in member homes.
- Women’s Daytime Book Group, meets 2nd Wednesday of the month at 10:00 am at St Philip’s Lutheran Church in Fridley.