Become a member of the Friends or
make a donation!
- April 17, 2013 Friends donate $3,000 to the Anoka County Library at their annual meeting for summer programming.
- August 23, 2012 Friends approve purchasing new Book Club In a Bag kits. At their August monthly meeting the Friends approved purchasing up to $500 worth of Book Club in a Bag kits to replenish the collection. This program is extremely popular among book clubs and a new selection of titles will be a welcome addition to the collection.
- April 11, 2012 The Friends donated $1,500 Dollars to the Anoka County Library at their annual meeting on April 11, 2012. The money will help fund the Summer Reading program and Teen Bookmark Design Contest.
Mission of the Friends
- To increase public awareness, understanding and use of the Anoka County Library (ACL) system.
- To organize public support for the eight ACL libraries through special events and programs, membership development, and fundraising.
- Plan and conduct author talks and other library events
- Support the Summer Reading Program for kids
- Support the Teen Bookmark Contest
- Buy Books-in-a-Bag kits for reading and discussion groups
- Donate annually to the library system
- Promote the Anoka County Libraries - some of the county’s most popular assets!
Why join the Friends?
Your member dues and volunteerism help assure the library’s continued ability to offer special events and programs which enhance the library experience and enrich the lives of library users. Your active involvement will help the Anoka County Library system stimulate and inspire library patrons for many years to come.
History of the Friends
In April 2003 local book enthusiasts joined together to create Friends of the Anoka County Library. The Friends are an all volunteer, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and supporting library programs and services.
Upcoming Meeting Dates
Wednesday June 12, 6:30 p.m. Library Administrative Offices