Become a member of the Friends or
make a donation!
- The Friends meet on the second Wednesday of the month at 4:30p.m. Please check the calendar for location.
- March 21, 2015 The Friends hosted their first annual mini golf fundraising event at the Rum River Library on Saturday March 21 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Participants played a round of mini golf in the library stacks and supported the library!
Mission of the Friends
- To increase public awareness, understanding and use of the Anoka County Library (ACL) system.
- To organize public support for the eight ACL libraries through special events and programs, membership development, and fundraising.
- Host annual Library Mini Golf fundraiser
- Host library programs and events
- Support the Summer Reading Program for youth
- Fund Books-in-a-Bag kits for reading and discussion groups
- Donate annually to the library system
- Promote the Anoka County Libraries - some of the county’s most popular assets!
Why join the Friends?
Your member dues and volunteerism help assure the library’s continued ability to offer special events and programs which enhance the library experience and enrich the lives of library users. Your active involvement will help the Anoka County Library system stimulate and inspire library patrons for many years to come.
History of the Friends
In April 2003 local book enthusiasts joined together to create Friends of the Anoka County Library. The Friends are an all volunteer, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and supporting library programs and services.