Become a member of the Friends or
make a donation!
- The Friends are on a summer hiatus. Please look for updated meeting dates in August.
- March 29, 2014 The Friends hosted their first annual mini golf fundraising event at the Rum River Library on Saturday March 29 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Participants played a round of mini golf in the library stacks and supported the library!
- July 13, 2013 The Friends handed out "Library On the Go" chip clips to attendees at the Library On the Go ribbon cutting ceremonies at Ramsey and Andover. This was a contribution equivalent to $450.
- April 17, 2013 Friends donated $3,000 to the Anoka County Library at their annual meeting for summer programming.
Mission of the Friends
- To increase public awareness, understanding and use of the Anoka County Library (ACL) system.
- To organize public support for the eight ACL libraries through special events and programs, membership development, and fundraising.
- Plan and conduct author talks and other library events
- Support the Summer Reading Program for kids
- Support the Teen Bookmark Contest
- Buy Books-in-a-Bag kits for reading and discussion groups
- Donate annually to the library system
- Promote the Anoka County Libraries - some of the county’s most popular assets!
Why join the Friends?
Your member dues and volunteerism help assure the library’s continued ability to offer special events and programs which enhance the library experience and enrich the lives of library users. Your active involvement will help the Anoka County Library system stimulate and inspire library patrons for many years to come.
History of the Friends
In April 2003 local book enthusiasts joined together to create Friends of the Anoka County Library. The Friends are an all volunteer, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and supporting library programs and services.