Have you heard about our Anoka County on the Go locations? Located at the Andover YMCA/Community Center and the Ramsey Municipal Center, Anoka County Library on the Go offers patrons a variety of kiosk services to make access to library materials more easy and convenient:
MediaSurfer Tablet Dispenser
Check out an iPad at the Ramsey Municipal Center or at the Mississippi Library!
Instructions for use
To check out an iPad, you must first upgrade your library account to allow for iPad checkout privileges. You can stop by the service desk at any our library branches to upgrade your account. In order to qualify for an upgraded account, you must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- have a valid Minnesota state issued-ID or driver's license
- have a library account in good standing (less than $10 in fines)
- have an e-mail address listed in your library account
Checkout Periods and Restrictions
- Only 1 iPad can be checked out at a time
- iPads are checked out on a first come, first served basis and cannot be reserved ahead of time
- iPads must be returned to the machine from where they were checked out.
- Patrons are responsible for lost or damaged iPads and will be subject to a replacement fee.
|Ramsey Municipal Center||Mississippi Library|
|iPads are checked out for 1 week period.||iPads are checked out for a 4-hour period, or until the closing time of the library (whatever comes first).|
|An overdue fine of $10 a day will apply for iPads returned late with a maximum overdue fine of $20.00.||iPads are not allowed to leave the building|
|An overdue fine of $1.00 per hour will apply for iPads returned late with a maximum overdue fine of $20.00.|
How to Checkout an iPad
Checking out an iPad is simple. Just follow the instructions on the screen on the machine to scan your library card and pull out the iPad assigned to you. Returning an iPad is just as easy. Once again, follow the onscreen instructions and correctly reinsert your iPad into any open slot.
Request library materials from the catalog and pick them up at your convenience from a secure locker.
Instructions for use
You'll need a library card and a valid e-mail address. You can update your email address from the library catalog or call the library for assistance.
Place a hold on the item(s) you want from the Library's catalog. Choose Library on the Go - Andover or Library on the Go - Ramsey as the pickup location. The library will send you an e-mail when your items are available for pick up. Please do not attempt to open your locker until you have received your email notification that items are ready for pick up. Your code will not work a second time. You will have 7 days to pick up the item(s) before they will be removed from the assigned locker. Delivery to the Library on the Go locations occurs on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Pick up your Items
A controller unit on the locker system provides a place to swipe your library card or manually enter the last 7 digits of your library card number. Once either action is performed, the locker with your items will open. You will not know beforehand which locker or lockers your item(s) are in. Retrieve your items from the locker or lockers that open. A date due slip will be included in one of the items. These library materials had already been checked out to your account by library staff prior to putting them in the locker.
You can return your materials to the book drops available at the Library on the Go locations, or to any other Anoka County Library building. Standard loan periods and fees apply.
Book Vending Machines
You've probably gotten candy or pop out of a vending machine, but have you ever gotten a book? Stocked with new and popular books and DVDs, these vending machines provide quick and simple access to the library materials you want.
Instructions for use
1) Scan your library card on the machine's barcode scanner.
2) Using the keypad, select the 3 digit selection number for the item you want and press the "OK" button.
3) Watch as your item drops to the bottom of the machine. Reach in and retrieve it.
4) Take your date due slip from the receipt tray.
Want another item? Simply repeat the process above. You will have to scan your library card again for each item you want to check out. If at anytime during the process you make a mistake or get stumped as to what to do next, have no worries. The machine contains a screen that displays the instructions for you.
3M Discovery Stations
The 3M Discovery Station is a touchscreen kiosk that allows you to browse and checkout the library's collection of ebooks available from the 3M Cloud Library system.
Instructions for use
Note: You will need a tablet, ereader, or computer with the 3M Cloud Library application on it to read a 3M Cloud Library ebook. For more information about obtaining that software, click here.
- Browse the collection to find a title you would like to check out
- To see additional titles, click on "List View".
- Choose "Categories" from the top menu to see more of the collection.
- Choose "Search" if you are looking for specific titles or authors. Use the keyboard that pops up on the screen to enter your search terms.
- Login to see if the title is available to checkout. Click on "Login"
- Scan your card using the barcode scanner on the front, or type in your card number with they keyboard that pops up on the screen.
- Enter your library card PIN for the password.
- If the eBook is available for checkout, click on the green "Checkout Now" button. The next time you open the 3M Cloud Library App on your device, the ebook will be under "My Books" waiting for you to read. If the ebook is not available for checkout, click on the gray "Add to Hold List" button if you would like to request it. You will be notified by email when the book is ready for you to checkout.
Anoka County Library on the Go locations have both drive up and indoor book drops for returning library materials.
The Library on the Go locations are self-service locations. If you need assistance or have any questions, call the Rum River Library at 763-576-4695 or contact us using the Contact Us link above.